Everyone is confronted by, and have to learn to manage, two different types of people in the journeys of life. There are those who willingly add to you just as there are those who deduct from you. Bible-type of Love is not really so much needed for those who are already poised to your advantage, as it is to those who are opposed, sometimes vehemently, to one. God kind of love is needed to be employed towards those who do not want to add to us. It is important to learn to lovingly manage those who are God-sent additions and blessings, just as much as those who do not seem so.
“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37 not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again” Luke 6:35-38 (KJV)
This scripture in Luke 6:38 which had been used for collecting offering and tithe in many Churches, actually has nothing to do with sowing and reaping money. The true meaning was asking that we give God’s kind of LOVE to enemies and undeserving people. There would have been more LOVE in life and more LIFE in LOVE if people were as indoctrinated about love as they were about trading money. The full context of the scripture is stated at the end of this message.
While some God-sent would make life easier, there are other troublous God-permitted ones who bring us needful character-developing life lessons and trainings. Those are the unwanted ones that will not make life, one-sided and boring. Every part of life requires plus and minus for achieving overall balance. Many have not reached God-intended heights because they undiscerningly frustrated either the plus or minus people that God sent to bring balance to their lives, causing such to stop or move away. There are those who boost one’s life, just as there are those who seek to (mercilessly) drain life out of you. Without drainers there is no appreciation of refillers and refreshers. There has to be good balance of drain and refills, night and days, hunger and fullness, for life to be active and meaningful.
While it may not be easy to select those who are going to have positive impact from those who would have negative impact in one’s life, it is important to state however that it is always within one’s own ability, and possibility, to decide what reaction and coping mechanism to employ, when any unwarranted situation or anger-provoking person, shows up on one’s ways. The ability to willingly find the right attitude in the face of unwanted stressful people is what true love is all about. It is such love that help to keep life simple. Bible-based Love is a Godly attitude that can be used as a life, and relationship, maintenance tool.
Real love is a learn-able ability that can be prayerfully deployed along life’s relational journeys. Insights of true love can seriously help to keep life simple.
You can keep LIFE Simple by Learning True LOVE!
YES, LIFE could be kept SIMPLE when you
- Intentionally by
- Meaningfully contributing to
- Profit your relationship(s) & by
- Environment of peaceful interactions
LIFE is SIMPLE when
- Language is carefully chosen & words are used wisely
- Investments into relationships are faithfully and sacrificially undertaken
- Fruitful efforts are diligently ensured &
- Empathy is unconditionally shared
YES, LIFE is SIMPLE when LOVE is:
- Life lived from a healthy heart that is pumping out
- Offers and offerings, given to and humbly received from others, it is
- Vulnerable kindness that constantly overlooks wrongs while creating suitable
- Environmental culturing and climates of understanding and peace
- Love is what you do to keep relationships progressing positively.
- Love is in the leadership you offer to resolve issues. It is not your silent aggravating efforts and the waiting to hold the other solely responsible.
- Love is your well-considered outreach to cover-up someone else’s unsightly exposures or misbehavior.
- Love is what you do to nurse a needy person back to whole life.
- Love is your positive response to negative discoveries in your relationship. Seeing another’s shame or nakedness may not just be so that you distance yourself, it could be so that you can help solve problems for that person.
- Love is a heart-full offering to another that makes you vulnerable to reprisal effects or attacks. It is about creating a healing and uplifting environment to uplift someone else.
- Love is a maturity that goes beyond what is in it for me. It is what you can do to someone else without necessarily holding that person responsible for accounts. Love can bother on, “what is it that is mine that I can selflessly give out for another.”
Why LOVE is a MIRAGE to some?
It is a mirage to those who engage in:
- Mindset of fantasy, holding tenaciously to rigid and unrealistic viewpoints
- Ignorance, insensitivity, letting INSECURITIES rule their thoughts and actions
- Rage, anger, vengefulness, always having issues to grind
- Attention-deficit, stubbornness, outrageous-attitudes, anxiety-prone, with panic-mode, age-conscious, gender-conscious, aggressions
- Gene, generational strongholds, repeat of parents or grandparent pitfalls and error-comebacks
- Endless ego-full arguments deriving from over-rated, self-conscious, self-centered, archaic or primitive, points of view
“But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37 not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Luke 6:27-38 (KJV)