It may not be the easiest thing to analyse in a short writing & summarize many complex issues that limited, limit & subject Africans to being easy preys of suppression, oppression and domination by non-Africans. Many earlier found it easier to point accusatory fingers at the oppressors, suppressors & dominators while playing victim & blame games, than to introspect. This writing is a look in the mirror to see how we Africans most likely contributed significantly to our own vulnerabilities and became available to those who were always in search of what, or who else, to conquer. The following are some generalizations that should not take away from some portions of relative exceptions & exemptions in Africa.
While most of the points noted in this writing are general global negative human nature, it seem clear & evident that the degree of occurrence of the points raised from among Africans far outpace the next foreign people group who appeared much more able to tame the evil tendencies in their own societies. The reasons are as follows.
- Africans love pleasures more than spending time on mass productions. They would more easily pay 1000% more price to purchase a foreign product refined from under their own feet than invest in its local production. Foreign products is more enticing to them than for them to engage local labor to finely produce their own goods, to satisfy their own tastes. They have raw materials, spiritual, intellectual & physical, yet they would not devote enough diligence to process, develop systems, mass produce & manage one another for collective economic advantages unless they are working under strict conditions of people from prior colonial countries & leadership
- They find it difficult to complete, compliment or submit to one of their own. Command and control is more like the only thing that works with them. Most people hated to fall in line behind others. There is general impatience to wait in place for first person to get done. Team-spirit is almost non-existent except when they are strong-arm imposed and/or when money is the motivation, and that may be attached only for their barest minimum self-survival. There is nothing wrong with working for money and immediate benefit. Except that economic development processes are usually developed out of collective intellectual contributions that added up over seasons of experience FIRST before enough money is available to share one with another.
- They prefer kingship mentality. They are either available to worship an oppressive, domineering leader, or they labor to become a worship figure for family, friends or communities. They are more in rat races of becoming prominently celebrated leadership figures than they are in providing community solution centers or providing empowering projects to others. They only find it necessary to fall in line when dictatorial king-like authority is imposed.
- They are somehow raised to feel inferiority complex towards others from foreign lands. Non dark/black skinned foreigner is automatically assumed superior-skilled, superior-empowered, unquestionably served, and unfairly allowed unnecessary advantages. In the meantime, a better qualified next door indigenous expert is disregarded because they are too familiar with him or her, and, they just cannot get to accept that one of their own blood should lead them.
- They are naturally superstitious. Everything is viewed from extreme spiritual angles. Researches, probes for facts of most matters, exploratory adventures, questioning of higher authorities are essentially forbidden in order not to offend the spirits, gods, or powers that be.
- They have less value for other’s lives than they should. Twins were feared and killed at infancy. Albinos are suspected as not being normal human being. Malformed or disabled people are hardly ever treated as complete humans. Eradication of such gives most silent satisfaction. Human rituals are so normal because it is believed the destiny or glory of one can be spiritually transferred to another by devious traditional religious/juju/voodoo practices.
- They embrace caste systems. They accept that some people are born more equal than others and some have been predestined to become better than others. They do not accept that God gives equal chances & opportunity for each human to strive and become the best that each can work hard to be.
- They have inflexible belief and many erroneous traditional systems. While non-Africans would test limits of faith and take fate into their own hands, a locally bred African would hardly dare any such thing. They fight tooth and nail against anyone who questions their cultural upbringing, rightly and wrongly. Nothing wrong with celebrating laudable cultural heritage. But everything is wrong with not identifying faulty legacies and therefrom developing better future for newer generations.
- Accountability is alien to most. Leaders were not expected to respond to criticism, answer probing questions, nor be fully transparent in operational dealings. The more non-responsive to questions, the more respect leaders seem to get from the followers. It is mostly disrespectful to call anyone in upper hierarchy to feedback answers on responsibility awarded or assigned.
- They are extremely reluctant and hate to celebrate their own bright minds. Initiatives and innovations are rarely generally acclaimed, morally supported or communally adopted. It is rare for people to publicly invest in one of their owns trade. Relatives do not expect to pay for products or service being marketed by their own. They would rather go and pay more to an unknown seller or foreigner without thinking twice about it. It is cultural to suppress and stifle initiatives and workable ideas.
- They invite foreign interference into their own domestic disputes, thereby encouraging & empowering foreign interests and dominance. Since it is rare for Africans to unite one with another, it became evident to prying foreign eyes that they can use premeditated militant force to divide and rule them. Most foreign nations are no better human beings. They are just a people group who already learned to celebrate their own ethnic, tribal, social, political, and religious differences.
- They easily throw one another under the bus in exchange for foreigners favors. They did sell their own brothers and sisters and got paid for it one way or another. Though most of the problems of Africans have been directed at the influence, influx, dominance, and misdirection of colonial leaders, rulers & countries, it is my personal belief that such audacious manipulations, suppression, oppression and thefts could not have been as effective without the willing participation of local divisions & inability to naturally unite as a diverse entity and unit.
- They have aversions to keeping critical & essential records open and available for public consumption or revealing how-tos for others to gain insights from. Secrecy is wrongly regarded as wisdom. They call it native wisdom. Much of plain speaking is avoided while manipulative proverbs are encouraged. It is well known that a typical African will not open books to read and glean information from one another except maybe for students who must read, and, who have no choice but to read to pass examinations.
- They have muddled up issues of faith, beliefs or religions. While remaining subconsciously attached to rudiments of local religious traditions and customs, many Africans have combined different ratios and dilutions of Christian, Islam & other forms of manipulated foreign orientations. While not fully Christian, Islamic or otherwise, they are neither fully traditional god worshipers. Muddled-up faith cannot therefore allow a true God to be as manifested in their situations & circumstances as He could be. False religious conspiratorial propaganda messed up many African’s belief-systems and make it difficult to achieve oneness of purpose across peoples, groups, communities. These works well to serve purposes of those who purposefully sold Africans their own versions of what could have otherwise remain divine truths that should produce divine results.
- Capitalism & materialism have become Africans recent obsessions. The allures of western-wealth being propagandized through movies, news media and international political narratives have consumed most Africans. Getting rich quick, amassing grandiose personal fortune, showing off personal success, became the new norm. In such world, living life is about the survival of the fittest with almost no interest in carrying another person along in the success journey. In there is no room for exhibiting good Samaritan or being a brother’s keeper. With that, the new slave-traders or marshals-in-command are the larger than life media-projected owners of financial empires. Typical African will do anything by hook or crook to become the next Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerbergs of our time without plans to endure the processes and systems that produced such. With that comes the attendance increase of pseudo role models and Hushpuppi-like scammers with large tastes for exotic & extremely expensive goods without any obvious production lines, essential service staffs or legacy-driven ventures.
- Most foreign people groups and nations survive by being in complete control of their own political, economic, military and geographical destinies. Most Africans have directly and indirectly submitted the controls of these powers to foreign authorities for supervision, manipulation, oppression and suppressive oversight.
- Crab culture is a bane to Africans. Crab nature is – “I pull down the one ahead of me so I can take the position, then the one behind pulls me down so none of us makes tangible progress.” Or, “I will not support anyone else except myself. I have to be absolutely in charge, no one else know better than me. The way I see things is the only right way.”
- Most Africans try to reinvent wheels that someone else already invented. Falling in line behind another is a societal bane. Each one try to get credit while working hard to deprive the other from receiving due accolade and respect for ideas, initiatives and progress scored. Rather than build on previously recorded accomplishments, newer strides are embarked upon, many times to spite earlier achievers, and to score the point that what the last person achieved can equally, or better, be achieved by competition. Giving credit to an earlier achiever is beclouded by rivalry, pride, jealousy, envy and outright disdain. Each one expects and plans regularly to be smarter and wiser than his or her next blood brother or sister.
- They demonstrated lack of ability to implement societal order and inability to manage to organize societies without favoritism or bending rules for privileged ones. They hardly hide the fact that application of law and order can be bought cheaply by the rich, wealthy & powerful ones, who could easily afford it. Sloppy enforcement of qualitative standard of societal organizations has encouraged corruption to become almost an insurmountable monster. Justice could be easily swayed in most places in African.
- They are unable to agree on one language to educate one another with. Without being able to speak with one voice of understanding, the spaces became prone to confusion whereby everyone pursue similar goals differently and disjointedly. Education of the citizens have been outsourced to working foreign education systems that have alien elements that should not be applied locally.
SO WHAT MUST AFRICANS DO?
The answer seems clear. The first step to any solution is to understand the problems, or, reasons for a problem. When a diagnosis is well done, prescriptions for solutions becomes easier to describe. Resident in the points raised above are the solutions. A reversal of a problem’s root cause should provide solutions needed. Africans must find ways to overcome disunity within & without their tribes, ethnic nationalities, religious persuasions, genders, educations, orientations, cities, nations and communities.
Unity is not the same as uniformity. If the United States Of America could somehow integrate almost all races on earth within her systems and still remain a great one-entity nation regardless of various tribes, ethnicity, races, thought-patterns, orientations, with extreme diversities, then Africa could borrow a leaf from that. Africans will need to lay down pride, class, and divergent views to overcome entrenched systemic oppression & suppression that rages from within & from without.
This writing is a personal insight on what to expect when trying to advise, lead, or organize Africans as a spiritual leader who seeks attitudinal changes that could transform societies globally. These are personal observations and thoughts of Bishop Olanrewaju Elujoba, President of Worldwide WORD Missions, USA. Without understanding the culture that formed patterns of thinking, mindsets, traditions, and decision-making orientation or psychology of someone, it would be pointless attempting to redirect such for societal changes. These thoughts are open to further observations, educated corrections and positively informed adjustments.
There is no such thing as true LOVE that let’s you remain your original self. No true parent love a child and leave the child to untrained nature or unchecked self-will. When God so loved the world that He gave His only Son as a sacrifice & exchange for worldly people’s souls, He did so in expectation of changed or changing people. God’s love chastises & disciplines for the beloved’s own good.
When Apostle Paul counseled that husbands love wives as Christ loved the church, he emphasized that that would be done in expectation of ability to turn a spotted, wrinkled and blemished bride, around, by the washing of her, free of the unwanted & unneeded. In the same token, the husband was not to expect a sub-mission without a clear mutual-mission, like as would be “unto the Lord”
Anyone crying to be loved should expect the changes and adjustments that being loved demands. You cannot be in true love and claim that you are who you are and no one should expect you to change from who you were prior to accepting the relationship. Expect relationships to place demands for changes on you. Engage in relationship that will place uncomfortable demands for improvements on you and from you.
Many have been wound up by wrong thoughts, sick attitudes and bad experience that need to be unwound. Many have become so subconsciously uptight they are ignorant of ways and means of easing up to another’s true intentions. Many have become so tangled up they resist true love that could disentangle them to enjoy meaningful life through an improving relationship. Many have become so engrossed in trying to please third parties strong-holding views that they are unable to reach into & express their own true inner-selves and thereby enjoy genuine relationship interactions with whoever has well-intended interest in them.
There is no real relationship that will not expose vulnerabilities and make feel unsecured in one way or another. The only way to true relationship is not to avoid threats to securities but by taking faith-filled calculated steps that open up to risks of allowing oneself to be open to what one may have closed-up to, otherwise. Hopefully such choice to allow intrusion into sacred, jealously guarded, emotional spaces, will be well-informed so that you are not violated, wounded and/or have old scars reopened again. Since every relationship has potentials of inflicting deep hurts, always prepare to self-heal.
I have a passion to help with Bible-Inspired insights to improve lives and love relationships. None of us had true relationship 100% figured out and so made mistakes because emotions do get in the ways of what could be great relationship positive pro-motions.
I have helped people quietly over several years. I may be able to help you if you need confidential listening ears and clearer perspectives. Come, let us reason together.
Please SHARE this post to your sphere of influence. It may help someone near you as it is.
Bible counselling help is available for those who have questions. I can be reached inbox on FB Messenger by the name Olanrewaju Elujoba or by email to email@example.com. May God bless you more & MORE!
You can support us @ Worldwide WORD MISSIONS, a Great Commission Initiative that engages non-profit publishing, broadcasting, training & missionary networking to advance the Kingdom of our LORD JESUS CHRIST across the globe.
You can partner with & support us by giving some money through cashapp $wwmissions or by using any donate button on our website http://www.worldwidewordmissions.org.
We also have helpful books and resources. Contact us to receive out materials for any donation. email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on following & find out more about us @ http://www.worldwidewordmissions.org
(This Is An Important MASTERCLASS Lesson – It Is A Liberating & Insightful Education – Please Take Time To Carefully READ THROUGH! It will RICHLY BLESS & ENLIGHTEN you)
During JESUS physical existence here on earth, the word CHURCH was used only ONCE as a direct quotation from him (going by the KJV translation)! It can be found in Mathew 16:18. He did not use the word to refer to a geographically located building that is always packed with gathering of people or a denomination-named after, or by, an individual.
The word church was subsequently used 110 times in the epistles (according to KJV). In all of these times, the use of the word either applied to the body of Christ JESUS believers in an entire city, in a house, or in different cities. In other words, it was used as the church in Lagos, the church in Hyderabad, the church in Columbus, etc. All locations of church should strive to have working relationships across city & regional lines.
In all of the usage in the book of Acts, before the church multiplied to include gentiles, all believers were referred to, collectively, as church. In Revelations 2 & 3, the word church was used to address the collective people in 7 separately named CITIES. It is necessary to note that a single angel was addressed alongside each church, per city. That should indicate that each body of believer per city ought to all be summarized under one leadership/umbrella. If the purpose of Church is one same Faith/Purpose and not divided, denominated or dissenting objectives, then there should be no reason to split one body of people, under same Christ, against the other.
Church was defined as mount Sion or Zion in the book of Hebrews 12:22. Zion was not used in the New Testament. Instead, the alternative Sion was used 7 times in Matthew 21:5, John 12:15, Romans 9:33, Romans 11:26, Hebrews 12:22, 1 Peter 2:6 and Revelation 14:1
In none of the scriptures was church used as a means to aggressively promote oneself or elevate another individual to become popularly seen as representing God above the name of JESUS Christ who should be clearly placed PREEMINENTLY over all. Numerous mention & use of JESUS’ name should NOT be a means to achieve personal ends. Nobody in the Bible was sent to become so popular for his or her name to replace JESUS in signifying access to God. There is nothing like God of Ayo Babalola, God of Benson Idahosa, God of Kenneth Hagin, God of Copeland, God of Katherine Khulman, God of Apostle Peter, God of Apostle Paul, or God of any other living human being for that matter, etc.
The name of JESUS is sufficient. Any other name used in prayers other than Christ JESUS is an idol of human worship that has been overrated in hearts of his or her followers.
“Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12 Berean Study Bible
“Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him THE NAME WHICH IS ABOVE EVERY NAME, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11(NKJV)
In Hebrews 12:22, the Church of Christ JESUS is described as mount Sion. It is a general assembly of Holy Spirit-born people, who gather to look up to ONLY JESUS, who through his blood shed at Calvary is worshiped on the account that He, by grace, has become our advocate, intercessor, mediator and Savior. There is no self effort that qualifies us before God. The Judge of all, who is a Consuming fire is waiting to consume every human with fire, whether born again or not. Only those approved after God’s judgment will survive.
“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.” Hebrews 12:22.
Only those that faithfully & truly remain under the covering of JESUS can escape HIM as a consuming fire.
Here is what Church is NOT!
1. CHURCH IS NOT GOVERNMENT, it should build people with heart to care for organizing the well-being of society. She should lead & guide people into, and those already in, government.
2. CHURCH IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL’S PERSONAL BUSINESS, she should be led by servants who put interest of congregation above self, not master/slave boss leaders who are essentially in it to fleece people. That does not mean that ministers’ material needs should not be met as needed by church.
3. CHURCH IS NOT A MINISTER’S MEAL TICKET, NEITHER IS IT A COMMERCIAL BANK. It is a commonwealth that cares for and takes care of welfare of all who can not obtain same otherwise. It is not to be besieged for resources that is otherwise available or otherwise obtainable.
4. CHURCH IS NOT HOSPITAL, it should provide means to take care of health if there is no provision otherwise. It should be a spiritual healing center.
5. CHURCH IS NOT A SCIENCE LABORATORY, it should correct scientist if or when they go too far to oppose God or Godliness.
6. CHURCH IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR REGULAR, USUAL OR NATURAL GOD-INSTITUTED LIFE PROCESSES OR PRINCIPLES, she is in place to meet more of SUPERnatural needs. It does not replace natural. It overrides natural ONLY when God deems it necessary. There will be no food and crops without engaging natural principles & processes of farming that works by proper understanding of seasons, sowing & harvests. It does not replace diligence and labors to produce finished goods for economic consumption.
7. CHURCH IS NOT CULT-LOYALTY TO A CONGREGATIONAL LEADER WHETHER SEASONED OR NOT, it is not for any person’s hero-worship, it should submit to, respect & care for leaders who humbly project Christ As ONLY SAVIOR & ensuring people’s affections remain INDIVIDUALLY/personally committed to the unseen JESUS Christ, the son of the living God.
DEFINITIONS OF CHURCH
We can derive more definitions of church by looking at the functions of Zion in the Old Testament. Secondly, Isaiah 2 also described Church as the Mountain of the Lord.
IT IS SION/ZION
“But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. 18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the Lord hath spoken it. 19 And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead. 20 And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south. 21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord’s.” Obadiah 17-21 King James Version (KJV)
Summary of Zion, Sion, or Church Characteristics Derived from Obadiah 17-21 are below:
- DELIVERANCE – Healing & setting people free from powers of darkness by engaging spiritual powers available in Christ JESUS.
- HOLINESS – A Set-Apart sanctified life distinguishable from typical, regular basic-instinct worldly human nature.
- POSSESSING POSSESSIONS – A Faith-Propelled Victory-Enforcing Mind-Renewed Circumstance-Changing Peculiar-People that are empowered to enjoy faith, family & financial victories in a world where good things are skewed to work for those who dip lives in sin and operate in the devil’s camp ways.
- FIRE & FLAMES – Raising Light-shining, Holy Spirit-led Spiritually alive, NOT LUKEWARM but active people manifesting Christlikeness & reflecting Godliness.
- SAVIORS (verse 21) – Holy Spirit Inspired Community/Sphere of Influence Supernatural-Solution-Provider They church-trained & deploying matured believers & disciples who are adequately trained as deliverers who in turn influence, evangelize & disciple their communities and societies. They advance practical spiritual & physical solutions that awes society.
IT IS MOUNTAIN OF THE LORD
From Isaiah 2: we add more definitions to what the church functions in society should be.
The Mountain of the Lord
“This is what Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem: 2 In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. 3 Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.”The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.4 He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. 5 Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord.” Isaiah 2:1-6 New International Version (NIV)
Summary Of A Christ-Fragrance Zion/Sion/Church Derived from Isaiah 2:1-6
- UPRIGHT – DOMINEERING – STANDARD-SETTING – Highest of the mountains. The highest unshakable standard that all nations recognize and want to “stream to it.”
- ATTRACTIVE – Many Peoples shall find it desirable to encourage one another to “go up to the Mountain of the Lord” for teachings, directions on how they “may walk in the Lord’s path.”
- AUTHORITATIVE/COMMANDING – The law, will of God, word or God, highest principles for living, emanate from ZionJudge over nations. Settles disputes between governments of nations so that international wars seize. What governments are unable to achieve is superiorly administered by Church.
- LIGHTHOUSES – Lights that walk in the light of the Lord, not in the darkness already in the world. They provide Godly directions to spiritually confused people.
I encourage people to purge themselves from craftiness & filthiness that has redefined church into 2020 religion of “churching church-goers.” I call that churchianity. We all need to get back into humbly accepting Bible-ordained Church that is SOLELY rooted & grounded in FAITH in the LORD JESUS Christ.
I am available to help those who may have questions. I can be reached inbox here on FB Messenger or by email to email@example.com. May God bless you more & MORE!
My name is Olanrewaju Elujoba. You can support us @ Worldwide WORD MISSIONS, a Great Commission Initiative that engages non-profit publishing, broadcasting, training & missionary networking to advance the Kingdom of our LORD JESUS CHRIST across the globe. You can partner with & support us by giving some money through cashapp $wwmissions or by using a donate button on our website http://www.worldwidewordmissions.org.
I also have helpful books and resources. Click on following & find out more about us @ http://www.worldwidewordmissions.org
Be Careful!! Freedom is Not So Free!!!
Many arguments have been canvassed by many who would want to live as they please because of the subject of liberty or freedom… While one would not want to enter into legalistic discussion on this, it is however pertinent that those who believe in our LORD JESUS Christ be informed that there is no free FREEDOM anywhere. Every freedom has a price tag to it and ULTIMATELY its account shall be sought!
The original author of freedom is not any man or earthly nation, it is God! God gave Adam liberty and freedom of choice, actions and attitudes. Adam got all things for free EXCEPT for certain instruction and loving-limits… And till today God has not changed His mind… He gives us freedom within loving-limits!!!
Even in the nation that propagates civil liberties & individual rights, several laws, restrictions, terms & conditions apply to practically every facet of its life & living. One out of three arms of democratic governments are fully-devoted to scripting regulations/laws for regulating lives/lifestyles & living within her borders… Plus, when the message of freedom is taken to other nations, it is silently prized and arm-twisting conditions are often imposed behind the scenes.
Also, when certain telecommunication networks give people “unlimited” this and that, they put the limitations in tiny prints, waiting for when to apply it when least expected.
Many in Christiandom are today laden, deceived & beguiled by commercialized messages of “living as you please” by profiteering “apostles” who refuse to state that there is no GRACE without TRUTH! True Grace was born by TRUTH, and true Grace is BALANCED by TRUTH!
Believers do not have unfettered liberties to live as they selfishly feel and fleshly wish, we have been curtailed in actions & manners by the written words of God! We have powers of choice INDEED, but our choices will lead to LIFE or DEATH and so are curtailed by counsels, instructions and admonitions to DO & live right!
In other words, your FREE choices are laden with divine benefits or eternally damning consequences. Many who have exercised FREE liberties are licking after-effects emotional wounds, guilt, anxieties, and some are sometimes already experiencing hell on earth! This is writing is not in any way asking or suggesting to anyone to live by any human dictate, it is a word of caution for people to seek to live as expected by Biblical words of God!
Some races & nations are “enjoying” freedoms today because of some lives whose bloods have been shed… However, free as such freedoms may seem, a closer look will show that such freedoms are still plagued and costing!
Workplaces allow you freedoms within certain limits. Even the freedom-peddling governments of this world tell you legal limits on what age to drive a motor vehicle, where to drive, how & where to build certain kinds of houses (building codes), where to practice religion & where not to; how much alcohol to consume; how to be recognized as married or unmarried; who you can have sex with or not; how to behave to others, etc… For that reason many regularly adapt their lives & lifestyles so as not to face the wrath of LAWS of men… We are quick to adjust to government laws but are being deceived not to live by laws of God…
It is a lie to say we are not any longer under BIBLICAL laws… Such assertions are popular over-stated half-truths twisted out of Biblical context… It’s just that JESUS Christ gave us a NEW law, which is different from the JEWISH laws! He gave us a different set of standards, expectations or laws! That is why we separate Bibles into two! Old Testament & New Testament MEANING: OLD LAWS & NEW LAWS: or if you prefer not to use the word “law”, then the bible is split into OLD REQUIREMENTS & STANDARD! & NEW REQUIREMENTS & STANDARD!!!(READ YOUR BIBLE PLSSSSS!) Any people who refuse to live by Biblical Requirement & Standard will in time be hunted down by consequences of their ungodly FREE choices. …
The consequence of unbridled liberties is why many folks will go to Church to pick & select what a God-ordained Church leader can tell or not tell them… Of course charlatans & ministry hirelings ubiquitously available & are always waiting across the roads (if not on the next floor of the same worship buildings) to willingly offer “customer/customerized services” to those straying souls who would soon move on & on to the next new fanciful smooth-talking “minister” whom they would end up using & dumping sooner or later, again.
Being in Christ JESUS does not give us liberty of any kind & every type of behavior… A true believer’s behavioral pattern is written for us to find out in God’s words… Indeed we will never be able to DO enough – in the flesh – to qualify and satisfy all requirements of God. This is why JESUS by HIS shed blood at Calvary and by the New Testament/Covenant changed the order from DOING to BEING first!That is to say that you will DO your BEING… Essentially, you are what you DO… (By your fruits we know who you truly are)… BUT, if you change your BEING, with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT your DOINGs (actions) will align with the nature of God in your BEING!!! By a newly recreated born again human spirit in a man or woman, one can walk, live & overcome all things in life, together with the resident HOLY SPIRIT! -By the way, we ought to remember that every covenant has a part for each party to play or DO! –
Many believers today are deceived to think “I can live as I please” “nobody can teach me how to live my life” “No Pastor has any right to tell me how to live my life” blah blah blah… (my advise?? Go tell that attitude to the marines…hahaha). Many uncultivable folks, who lived as they pleased, and that did not need teaching from anyone, are learning tougher life-lessons behind well-guarded prison & jail walls… (no disrespect intended to such people, just saying..)
The nations that allowed children to live as they pleased are reaping the fruits 30, 40, 50 years down the line now… And more evil fruits are still on the way except there is REPENTANCE!
If you are indeed in Christ JESUS, understand that Believers are not allowed to live as they please; they are to live to please God through our Lord JESUS Christ, and that shall be seen by people!!! Lights of God are not self-serving, neither are Godly salts! True Christianity is a life that pleases God & it is often so-acknowledged by men (& women, i.e. people) who observe manifesting Christlike fruits!
The Church of Christ was instituted to TEACH & DISCIPLE nations, not just for merry-making and fashion parades… After resurrection, JESUS Christ did not send his ministers to go, pray & prophesy to nations, he said to TEACH, BAPTIZE & DISCIPLE people & nations… Teach what?? Teach JESUS’ COMMANDMENTS! Teach JESUS’ DOCTRINE! Teach JESUS’ KINGDOM PRINCIPLES! Teach JESUS’ lifestyle!!! Teach New Testament LifeStyle!!!
There is nothing wrong in prayers & prophecies; it is part of the New Testament realities… What is wrong is when the noble ministries are carried out, out of eye/men-pleasing and for commercial interests. Commercialized praying and prophecy have become HUGE revenue-earners for the masters of the tricks & gimmicks, making many unwilling to face the actual tasks of soul-winning & soul-building… The first believers in Antioch were called CHRISTIANS because of a taught & learned DIFFERENT way & manner of LIFE & lifestyle.
True ministers of Christ are sent to MOLD lifestyles, not just gather crowds & make money! They are to influence forming of Godly Characters and not just dance to ungodly tunes that play out each day! The Church is busy FOLLOWING the world in worldliness, instead of leading in righteousness, inventions and divine working ideas!
Do not join the gangs who are on rampage for FREE freedom and religious entertainments instead of MINISTRY… Religious entertainment celebrates religious leaders while true Ministry celebrates JESUS CHRIST as ALL in ALL! Celebrating religious caricatures is not only happening now, it was the same in the days of JESUS!
If you do not remember or like anything in this writing, remember this… freedom is not free… Sooner or later you will have to answer and account for every bit of “free” FREEDOM enjoyed!!! If you do not regretfully answer to yourself in time, you might have to answer to husband, wife, parent, family, society or government, but DEFINITELY, every one of us will answer to God at the end of some day!
Ooops! Lord I’ve done what you said to do ooo, no one can say that I did not tell them sooo!
Make una no say dem no tell you sooo!!(pidging English) hahahaha… JESUS CHRIST ALONE is LORD forever more! AMEN & AMEN!
Do You Understand Your Dreams?
(PLEASE READ WELL & READ CAREFULLY)
I have had the privilege of benefiting from definitive dreams. Definitive dreams are those that I had and I knew they had nothing to do with nothing. They kind of came “out of the blues.”
Some dreams are a replay of foreboding events. That is you dreamed the dream because your thought was already fearfully preoccupied along the subject line.
Some dreams are directly tied to the discomfort you have while sleeping.
You may eat in your dream if you craved to eat before sleeping.
You may have sexual dreams since you are predisposed to pornography and its materials. Maybe you naturally sexually undress people in your mind.
I have often had dreams in line with the following:
Climbing heights that seem impossible to come down from
Inability to complete tests or examination within stipulated time
Tigers prowling around no matter how I try to avoid them
Insane people responding to invitation call during fasting & praying for a special ministry event.
(I already researched and know meanings and interpretations of the above. I will throw light on them. There are more dreams that I will talk about in subsequent writings.)
I am aware that some deliverance ministers will take your dreams and create an atmosphere that you are afflicted and need deliverance, meaning that there is a demon in you that must be cast out of you. Some will declare you a witch or wizard when you fly like a bird in your dream. Deliverance is an overstated or overused word by some in faith circles. Some have thrived on feeding people’s emotions with heretical stories on how to blame family/household members for their woes.
Deliverance means that you are freed from a power that has a firm grip on you, most likely beyond your control. Everybody needs one form of deliverance or the other, from time to time. That includes the self-exalting deliverance ministers. Many of them are so obsessed, possessive and oppressive.
There are 3 ways you may be under a control that you cannot break free from by yourself and may need a more spiritual person to help you out. Life would be more meaningful when each one receive deliverance from his or her own specific stronghold. No matter what level a minister or believer attain spiritually, deliverance would be needed from one or two of three areas. These are the 3 areas that everyone may need deliverance.
it could be from an oppression
it could be from an obsession
it could be from a possession
Oppression is external and territorial.
Obsession is mental. It could be insanity, compulsive habit, or culturally rigid but incorrect view point.
Possession is rare. Possession is when a demon or demons resides in someone.
Oppression can be overcome by a change of territory, overcoming the dictatorial ingrained forces of your environment, or standing out as a new force to be reckoned with in your environment, society or community. Family member may oppress you. So could your pastor, governor, president, son, daughter, husband or wife.
Obsession can be overcome by constantly renewing your mind. Adjusting your traditional views. Accepting new behaviors. Forcing yourself to yield to help and assistance from those who truly care. The most important assignment of church attendance is to relieve people of their obsessions. Everyone is obsessed in one way or another. Obsession has its roots in how your mind was falsely fed and concreted with falsehoods that you accepted as complete truths.
Possession is difficult to overcome. No human being is possessed without the willful acceptance of the possessed. A possessed person may only be helped if the possessed himself or herself cooperates with a spiritual authority, to evict the demon or demons in him or her.
You can be delivered by allowing God’s word influence a change in your mindset. You can be delivered by saturating your environment with the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. You can be delivered when you walk by faith, walk in the Spirit, exercise divine authority, and, when you produce fruits of your salvation.
I will continue this writing here if there are enough likes, shares, questions & contributions. Thanks for reading.
My name is Olanrewaju Elujoba. You can support my Worldwide WORD MISSIONS by giving us some money through cashapp $wwmissions or by using a donate button on www.worldwidewordmissions.org. May God bless you more & MORE as you do that! I also have helpful books and resources. Inbox me or find the following on our website. Click on the links below.
Compromise may have become an acceptable standard in the world, especially within political systems, BUT, it certainly remains unacceptable to God. Compromising Bible standard remains the number one destroyer of God’s WILL among God’s people today, especially those HIS saints that have been given Kingdom Assignments. Compromise is the gray area between TRUTH & LIES!
Compromise is a conjoining of half of a truth with half of a lie! There is so much compromise of Bible TRUTHs today that it seems that most people believe more in compromised-Truths than absolute-TRUTHs!
In making compromises people bend over to accept the unacceptable. Some Church leaders will compromise telling the whole truth, inadvertently hurting God’s absolute truth. Many church goers compromise what they know to be Biblical truth while hiding behind popular excuses that allows indulging in sins & selfishness, shaming the gospel of Christ with hypocrisy & double standard.
Biblical depictions of God and his expectation of HIS sinners-turned-into-saints believers showed that with HIM is either YES or NO! There is nothing like “maybe” with God. God is not involved in political correctness… Meanwhile, in few Biblical events where God “accepted to compromise” to do what mankind dictated, it always ended with perilous consequences on man’s accounts…
Whenever God overlooked and seemed to “compromisingly” accept man’s insistence, in the short run, man runs free, having his/her ways. BUT, in the longer run, HE ends up punishing man’s stubborn will, insisting on & having HIS OWN WAYS ultimately! That God accommodates our compromises in the short run is no indicator of His approval of our ways… He only gives us more time to get-things-right!
Even JESUS sought a compromise for the cup to Passover before He finally submitted to God’s will! THAT IS WHAT A CROSS IS… HAVING TO ENDURE THE INCONVENIENT BECAUSE GOD WANTS IT TO BE SO! That JESUS still carried & died on the cross for the sins of mankind was a great example of crossing crossroads of compromising. Like each one of us today, JESUS had the power of choice to renege on carrying on with God-inspired WILL/CROSS. God’s will is usually a cross that is almost never convenient!
Every Believer has been told to carry his or her own cross & FOLLOW after JESUS example. We may not have to endure a cross in the literal sense as some early disciples/apostles did, but there is no doubt that we will be faced with compromising situations and circumstances when we either endure our own “cross” or compromise and put the Cross of Christ to shame again!
True Christianity is still for carrying “crosses” for Christ (not jewelry crosses)! The place of tempting compromises should always be turned into a place of choosing to hang in there, carrying one’s cross in Christ rather than choosing the more comfortable convenience of excuses, satisfying SELF or satisfyingly pleasing men (&women)! WHENEVER COMPROMISE IS ACCOMMODATED INSTEAD OF ABSOLUTE BIBLICAL TRUTH, THE EXPECTED ACCOMPANYING DEMONSTRATION OF CHRIST’S RESURRECTION POWER IS HINDERED FROM BEING CELEBRATED AND IS SABOTAGED…
There are many who live continually in deliberate compromises. They are the ones who hate and feel judged by absolute truths… They would rather give excuses and perambulate about how there are no new crosses to carry in Christ! THOSE WHO COMPROMISE THE FULL GOSPEL LOVE TO ONLY TELL ABOUT THE “GOODIES” IN CHRIST!
We all know that itchy ears cannot tolerate and hate to be taught about carrying Kingdom crosses! Like apostle Paul who needed GRACE to bear a God-permitted “thorn in the flesh”, every believer can ask God for GRACE to endure whatever “cross” they have to carry because of God’s WILL…
GRACE IS NOT ONLY FOR GOODIES IN CHRIST, IT IS ALSO FOR CROSSES IN CHRIST!!!
Just like JESUS, many believers would have to carry their own “crosses”, facing their own red seas or instead they shall remain under oppression of their Biblical Egypt. Crosses have to be carried to cross from failure to Biblical triumph. Crosses are carried to cross from alone-ness in ministry to having many sons & daughters of faith… crosses must be carried to cross from man-made defeat to God-made victory. And crosses have to be carried to cross from earthly death unto eternal life!
Have you ever carried any cross in Christ? Are you carrying any cross for Christ?? Are you willing to carry crosses for Christ? Every true believer has a cross to carry for Christ! Compromise is not what Christ sent us to perfect, His lighter Cross is what he has assigned for each one of us to carry in HIS name and to the ends of the earth…
Embrace your God assigned cross, if you have one & carry it diligently without compromising UNTIL HE says WELL-DONE!!! Shalom!
Differences Between Faith, Belief, Conviction & Religion.
(Quite Some Lines To Read. Please READ THROUGH CAREFULLY. It Will Help YOU!)
Belief is a body of information that a MIND is RIGIDLY SET on, rightly & wrongly. Conviction is belief transmitted from head-knowledge into a heart-based action-ready-mode. Many have fixed mindsets on beliefs they do not necessarily practice in face of life situational confrontations. Faith is right conviction that currently & actively defy contradictions in direct moment-by-moment partnership with God. God desires people who are full of faith or are faithful to LIVE BY FAITH!
Wrong beliefs that leads to wrong convictions & wrong actions births religion. Religion can also be based on right beliefs & conviction but lacking current interaction & engagement with God by His Holy Spirit. It is impossible to please God without right belief. Endeavor To Please God! Many church-goers operate in the flesh and not by Spirit-led faith. Faith is action-steps engaged because of inner conviction.
“Without active faith, it is impossible to please God.” Heb 11:6 “So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.” Romans 8:6.
Faith is strengthened and grown by feeding on right spiritual facts. The more time a Christian spends on feeding on & digesting Gods words by the help of the Holy Spirit, the easier it gets to be propelled by deep-seated assurance of strong personal faith and not by presumptions.
Faith engages body of beliefs to practically seek a yet-to-be-seen impossible solution regardless of facts that are up in arms against it.
Faith is always seeking a premeditated change. It relies on unseen spiritual insight & guidance & patiently waits for the evidently seen to be overcome by the expected physically unseen.
“that ye may not become slothful, but followers of those who through faith and patient endurance are inheriting the promises.” Hebrews 6:12. Young’s Literal Translation
Faith is initiated in the heart of one who choose to act on God’s ability, knocks on God’s doors for divine-enabled answers, and waits on God for rigid physical circumstances to turnaround into a new testimony and miracle.
Bible faith keeps trudging on a lonely path to work out a change even when physical information or facts insists that it will not add up. The woman with more than a decade issue of blood problem, collected her miracle by personally motivated and inspired faith.
“And Jesus told the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.” Luke 7:50
Faith is spiritual insight that actively relies on God supplying desired outcome. Faith actively waits on internal guidance and takes bold steps throughout moments of hope, expectancy & turnaround.
Faith is not needed when expected outcomes are naturally certain. Faith does not underestimate physical facts, rather, it insists on superior supernatural facts derived from need for change, fired-up by right belief and convictions.
Faith is a human acting sensually foolish but with certain inner trust and continued assurance that God will show up with supernatural parts to what is hoped for.
“Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[a] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-20 New International Version (NIV)
Faith is incomplete when it is all about what a human can accomplish without room for what God should add to the belief, conviction & faith equation.
Faith is usually a dangerous risky endeavor that only God’s answer or response can diffuse and turn into testimonies or miracle for the faith-actor.
Faith is not commonplace. It swims against natural inclinations for the most part. It can pitch its operator against friends, families and colleagues who most times would turn themselves into arch enemies.
Faith is a personal responsibility & engagement of divinity in human activity. Since it is rarely a secret engagement it will usually raise wrath of other close-by folks who will be intimidated, embarrassed or unhappy because of exposure of own lack of convictions.
“And Jesus said to the man, “Stand up and go. Your faith has healed you.” Luke 17:19 New Living Translation
Faith does not leave things to chance and ask God to fix things. Rather, it actively takes steps based on spiritually & scripture-ascertained information on what God already promised and assured that He will do.
Faith takes the promissory word of God on its face value and for what it is, and takes steps ahead of physical manifestation of the promise.
“Now Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the settlers of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, surely there shall be neither dew nor rain these years, except by my word.” 1 Kings 17:1 New American Standard Bible
Faith is personal and not a follow-follow reaction to what others in religious believing-crowds are engaging in. Faith is engaged-in INTENTIONALLY, for moments of necessities.
Religion is the fake-faith or false-faith that engages automatic repetitive means & permanent ritualistic methods that are assumed to please God permanently.
Faith is a forward-leaning current daily/weekly engagement with God. It seeks to be current with God’s mind as they may be freshly revealed.
Religion is backward-leaning and is always trusting to repeat past traditions that once made God respond to man’s needs. God desires daily 2-way, heaven-earth, interactions with each one of those who believe in Him. He is known to change his modus-operandi from time to time and is NOT RIGID in mathematically repeating traditions. King David in the Bible never assumed battle strategies without consulting the oracles of God. He always asked and got divine directions for EACH day & battle. God’s answers to him were not always the same regardless that his situations or circumstances were very similar. Also, JESUS sought God’s face in prayers & fellowship, DAILY. Apostle Paul did not assume he could put God in a mold inspite of the fact he was extremely close to God.
“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
FAITH IS FRESH DAILY 2-WAY PERSONALIZED INTERACTION WITH GOD. IT IS NOT A SCHEDULED PROGRAM FOR SPECIFIED BUILDINGS OR ROOMS.
While believers (those with mind set on specific beliefs) are in billions of population numbers, those with conviction (who are ready to stand up to faithfully resist contrary beliefs) are far in between numbers, and, people of faith (those who would pay some spiritual price and make necessary “sacrifices” like being labelled extreme, being outcasted for choosing to stand out, punished for spiritual choices, etc), are rare to find.
Where are you regarding belief, conviction, faith or religion? I am personally not interested in traditional beliefs/religioon. I am keen on having a lively faith in Christ JESUS and in relating with Him, freshly, daily. I have always leaned on faith for material, biological & spiritual provisions more than physical world promises. I have tried my best to get most of my Christian livelihood, results and testimonies by staying firm with my convictions. I want to always be found hanging-in-there on daily faith and trust in a living God rather than in what is physically available by evil-propelled corrupted compromising systems here on earth.
“It’s impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him.” Hebrew 11:6 The Message Bible
I encourage you to personally grow your faith in the LORD JESUS Christ. I am available to help those who may be interested. I can be reached inbox here on FB Messenger or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. May God bless you more & MORE!
My name is Olanrewaju Elujoba. You can support us @ Worldwide WORD MISSIONS, a Great Commission Initiative that engages non-profit publishing, broadcasting, training & missionary networking to advance the Kingdom of our LORD JESUS CHRIST across the globe.
You can partner with & support us by giving some money through cashapp $wwmissions or by using a donate button on our website http://www.worldwidewordmissions.org.
I also have helpful books and resources. Click on following & find out more about us @ http://www.worldwidewordmissions.org
THE FAMILY ALBUM – By Rev. Tope PopoolaAbraham, a Mesopotamian idolater who twice ‘lied’ to protect himself His son Isaac who cherished the taste of pepper-soup above his children’s destiny Waoh! see Jacob whose name as supplanter was shaping his outcomes until God stepped in Ah! Look at Judah in that corner That one who craved illicit romps in prostitutes’ beds until one turned out to be his daughter-in-law Pharez, product of a one-night-stand between father-in-law and daughter-in-law Oh! I can see David, shepherd minstrel and Commander-in-Chief who took over his soldier’s wife and covered it up with the innocent man’s murder. And Solomon! The one who could not manage success! Three hundred wives and seven hundred concubines! Only God knows what aphrodisiac sustained such beastly concupiscence What on earth is he doing in this album? I thought this was supposed to be a most glorious assemblage? What kind of characters are these? And these women? How did they get into the picture? Thamar, who feigned prostitution to seduce a philandering father-in-law Whaaaat? Rahab, courtesan to city elders with deep pockets How did she get here? And Bathsheba, “her that had been the wife of Urias” I see you put your nose in the air and sneer, “This is one heck of an album!” But be reminded, this is the tapestry of the Savior’s ancestry!